Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Time To Give Thanks

I thought I would create this post before I hit Thanksgiving Day and end up in a sour mood because I have to work:( Now of course I am "blessed" to have job.

Feel free to leave comments for what your thankful for.

Now for what I am thankful for:

1. A terrific husband: I cannot say enough good things even after 13 years of marriage and almost 18 years combined with dating time.

2. A wonderful daughter: She is my pride and joy.

3. My health: I appreciate my good health in a way that I never have before.

4. My parents: Truly supportive about all things and are always there when I have needed them.

5. Being back in touch with my friend Sabrina. A best friend growing up and as with all things, sometimes you lose touch with those that mean the most for you. I missed so many things about her and being around her, and more importantly I missed having her around at some of the more significant points in my life. Both of us being only children, we "adopted" each other as sisters when we were children. If I recall correctly there was at least one teacher we convinced at school that we were sisters. I had always wanted a sister, and Sabrina was it when I was growing up. All my childhood memories include her. Of all the things that happened in my life during the past year, this was probably the best.

6. This has been the year for getting in touch with old friends. I heard from Angie again. How exciting that was. Angie has been there for some of the significant events in my life. She was the one that made Alan and I aware of how old the other one was - not that it mattered at that point. My how her kids have grown. I also heard from Tammy and Tracy. I known Tammy almost as long as I have known Sabrina. I tried to teach her flute once. Tracy was a friend from middle school. It has been great to be back in touch with all of you. Just a sign that true friendship spans the years despite time and distance.

7. My in laws: You can never have too much family. My husbands entire family is full of special people that I think the world of even if I do not get to see them as often as I would like.

8. My Aunts, Uncles and cousins. I have been very fortunate in the family I have. My aunts and uncles have always been very supportive. My cousin Kendra and Mark have also been very supportive in my life. My only regret is that I have never gotten to known my cousins on my dad's side and that I did not have more contact with my cousins kids as they were growing up.

9. Last but certainly not least, I am thankful that I will be an aunt this time next year.

If I leave any other post this week it will be fun frivolous things to make me smile.

No comments: