Thursday, December 25, 2008

Hedging Our Bets


We have not had any real conversation about Santa Claus. Do we think Meghan suspects. Yes and I am sure that she is trying to make sure that she does not get "short changed". Realizing that she was probably not going to want to do the Santa thing, I did not push about going to see Santa this year.


While we were at the mall on Friday, Meghan asked when we would take her to see Santa. I shocked that she wanted to go. I promised to take her the next day that I opened. Well that Monday. As soon as I was off, we left for the mall. Even that close to Christmas, there was a line. We waited in line close to 30 minutes. We get up to the point were we are next in line and Meghan says she does not want go right now - she wants to come back later. It turns out that the photographer had brought her daughter who happens to be in Meghan's lyrical dance class. This class is the class with the girls that are Meghan's age and a little bit older (a year or so). Once Meghan realized that we were serious that we were not going to come back, she looks me and says she still wants to go see him but she is going to tell the girl from dance class that I made her do it. It took a few tries to get an ok picture but we did manage to get one.


Meghan did prove to be somewhat uncooperative with the taking of a picture. So the girl's mother was making Rudolph talk to me and walk up my arm. By the time we left, I am sure that the girl will not even mention seeing Meghan because I am sure that she was equally embarrassed.


Hope you enjoy the photo.

No comments: