Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Science Fair

Meghan has her presentation to give on her science project at the county science fair on Wednesday. The have been prepping the kids for this for a couple of weeks. She stayed after school last Monday for an hour. The had all the kids together Friday and gave them further info. Her presentation will be done between 10:40 am and 11:15 am. She will be with a science fair official and a judge. She is not allowed to have a parent or teacher in with her.

Now during Spring Break, Meghan and I picked out her outfit for this event. Apparently we wasted our time since we picked out a really cute suit type outfit which is a skirt and blazer. The girls were told no skirts or dresses and all the children were told no tank tops(would someone actually allow their child to attend the science fair in a tank top?). They were told to dress like a scientist. I find that to be very ambiguous. To dress like a scientist, I am picturing a white lab coat which we do not have around here. So what exactly am I suppose to make sure this child has available to wear on Wednesday.

We will hope that this is a good experience for Meghan. While I do not really expect her to win I hope that she does well to encourage her to strive for a repeat performance with next years science project. It would be nice to see some recognition for all the effort that she puts toward her project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that it goes well for her. I always loved the science fair in school.

Hmm the 'dress like a scientist' thing would have me puzzled. I've seen some drop dead gorgeous scientists that never wore a white lab coat. Kind of weird...

I hope she does well. :)