Saturday, April 12, 2008

Where's The Beef???

This past week, Meghan and I went to Wendy's for lunch. Now, it has been a very long time since I have been to Wendy's. In fact it is probably well over a year. I have ordered the same thing at Wendy's since I was in high school (junior bacon cheeseburger), so I arrived knowing what I wanted and was pleasantly surprised that it was still at the .99 price I remembered. I had expected the price to have gone up like everything else has over the past few months. My pleasure lasted only until I sat down and unwrapped the sandwich. To my surprise given the establishments Where's the Beef commercials in the 80s, I found myself wondering where was the beef. I saw cheese and tomato, lettuce and even the mayo, but I had to search for the beef. The burger patty that now comes on this .99 wonder is very flat and thin like a small square sheet of paper. My next thought on viewing this very pathetic excuse for a burger was when did Krystal and Wendy's merge. Of course it has been close to 6 years since I have been to a Krystal but I think their burger while small were actually thicker and everything else on the burger was proportioned to that size.

My father in law would probably tell me that it was all to be expected from a place that sells square burgers. After much thought and consideration, I finally think he has been on to something all these years.

No comments: