Tuesday, September 30, 2008

How to Kill Cell Phone With Water

My cell phones and I have had an ongoing fascination with water. So I am trying to figure out the which way I have not attempted to kill a cell phone. The washing machine is the most common form of water based destruction with my cell phones. For reference the Samsungs we have did best in the washer. They came back from the water adventure relatively unscathed. The Nokia's (my favorite of my phones) do not do so well after its water adventures.

I have lost at least one phone by the toilet. I did have help from Meghan with that one. She dropped that phone in the toilet at Denny's. Alan has also managed to drop his phone in a toilet (right after we got new ones a little over two years ago). These were both Nokias and they did not recover.

Recently I dropped my phone in Nibbles' water bowl. This time the phone recovered but it took about a week or two to recover. (This was a Nokia)

Well yesterday I was a chaperon for Meghan's trip to the Indian River Lagoon. Well this was the ultimate water adventure for my cell phone. For this trip we went in waist deep in the water and since my cell phone was in the pocket of my shorts, it went on its greatest adventure and did not live to tell about it. This is water is brackish because the ocean water mixes with the river water at this point.

For those of you interested, we will probably go back sometime to take some awesome pictures. We saw lots of dolphins in the natural habitat but alas my cell phone was DOA and unable to take pictures to share.

No comments: