Sunday, January 18, 2009

Where Does Time Go?

I never really had the sensation of how fast time truly flies until I had a child. Meghan turned 10 yesterday. I must say that in regards to her, time has definitely flown. The third president of her lifetime is about to be sworn in to office. Ten years ago when I went to the hospital for the beginning of our adventure as parents, President Clinton was going through his impeachment hearings, and the first nurse I had ( I was on the 3rd shift of nurses before Meghan finally arrived) kept turning the channel back to impeachment hearings telling me that I could tell my daughter that I watched history in the making while I was in labor. Pleeeeaaaase... did she really think that is what I wanted to watch while I was in labor. I think not. When I finally won the TV war, I watched Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter Is Dead.


As Meghan turns 10, once again we are are witnessing historical presidential moments as the nation prepares for Obama's inauguration.

For Meghan's birthday she wanted to go to Disney for her birthday but Alan could not get off work to go. Meghan did not want to go without Alan so we will celebrate both Alan 's and Meghan's birthdays at Disney on Alan's birthday. (Alan is thrilled - I think he should have his picture taken with Mickey for his birthday)


No comments: