Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 2: Where would you like to be in 10 years

Where would I like to be in 10 years?  That is a tough question to answer.  I have learned that while you make plans, life often happens and changes those plans along the way.  Thus life changes your plans as you go.  That whole making plans/goals for certain time periods is probably a lot of why turning 30 was so painful for me.  I made "plans" and life happened and changed them along the way.  But in the spirit of the question, I expect that Meghan will be in college.  I will probably still be working for the same employer.  Hopefully, Alan will be in a better job.  I hope that as a person, I will have evolved to be a little less type A and a little more accepting of everyone's less than perfect traits.  I would like to learn to worry less abut what I cannot control.  I am sure life in general would be less stressful then.  I would like to have traveled more and seen some of the places on my list. I would also like to be more financially secure.
But again, the journey to the next 10 years I realize will be filled with many twist and turns and life will happen while I am busy making plans, so the best thing is to learn to be able to sort of  role with the direction that life sends me. 

No comments: