Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day3: Write about your Family

My husband, Alan and I met in my second quarter of college in Dr Richardson's political science class.  On the second day of class, Alan turned in his first of 3 papers we were required to do.  After class, he asked if I wanted to go get a coke and as they say, the rest is history.  A few months shy of 5 years, Alan and I got married and have now been happily married for 16 years.  While I am a pretty strong willed individual, Alan completes me and is truly my rock.  There have been times that his presence is all that have held me together  and kept me moving forward.  Even after all these years, I enjoy just being in the same room with him.  We do not need to fill the quiet with dialogue, we can just sit together and enjoy the being together.

I have one child, Meghan.  Meghan is the source of great pride for both Alan and myself.   Meghan has played violin since the summer between kindergarten and 1st grade, so we are rapidly coming up on 7 years.  She has been actively involved in the school strings programs since 2nd grade and the youth orchestra since 3rd grade.  This year she is a 7th grader sitting in 1st chair 2nd violin.  With the start of 7th grade, she took up clarinet and is getting ready to perform her first clarinet solo in a few weeks.  She has proven herself to be dedicated to music and is currently interested in attending FSU and pursing a degree in music.  Until 7th grade, Meghan danced from 1st grade through 6th grade.  Unfortunately with the onset of 7th grade and the taking up of clarinet, she was forced to choose between dance and music, and music won.  The flip side,  she was able to start taking lessons on clarinet and sits in 1st chair for beginning band.  This year was her first opportunity to audition for All County Orchestra and she made it.  Today was here all county performance.  Next year she stands a chance to make All County Band and Orchestra.  In addition, Meghan is an honor roll student and is taking Algebra as a 7th grader.  This class will be the start of her high school GPA.  Kinda crazy that they do that to the kids now.  So of course, we watch the grades in this class particularly close because it is the start of her GPA.  I enjoy watching Meghan and all her accomplishments.  She is an extremely bright young lady with an equally bright future ahead.


There are so many more family members that I would love to go on about from parents, to in laws and favorite cousins and friends that I consider family, but I am tired of typing and you are probably tired of reading.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Very disappointed that your favorite brother in law only got the cursory glance.