Monday, July 14, 2008

Gee another one already?

Well today marked another year on the calendar for me. My family was great. I had a Winnie Pooh cake :) complete with the right number of candles:( How hot that cake was. By the time they had all the candles lit and brought it to the table, several of the candles had melted almost all the way down. Boy was that one HOT cake.

For gifts there were lots of Cherished Teddies and Mary Higgins Clark's new book. This is a traditional birthday gift from husband; he remember in spite my forgetting to put it on my wish list. While the gifts are terrific and I am thankful for family that remembers these occasions, the unexpected in many ways becomes the best gift. I received an email today from my best friend growing up wishing me a happy birthday. We have just been back in touch on a regular basis for the past few months and her email remembering my birthday was so unexpected that a brought a smile to my face. (It also reminded me that she is still older than me:)

Now that we have covered all the great stuff about birthdays, I must say that with every year that goes by they seem to become more reflective and in many ways just another day of the year for the most part. I have had real hard time this year being excited about anything in relation to my birthday.

No comments: