Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hell Freezes Over

Orginally Posted on my AOL journal 1/4/2008

Well hell may have frozen over breifly last night/this morning. We reached record low temps here in central Sunshine State. It was in the low 30's here this morning. We only saw cold temperatures and our breath in the air, but just a little north of us they had snow flurries. A little further north of us received enough snow for it to able to be recorded as a trace. The truly horrible part of the cold is that I have to think really hard about were I stashed the sweats and the coats. Then I have to think even harder to remember if I have anything warm for Meghan to wear and were I put that as well. Now for Alan the cold means that he must actually pull a pair of pants out of the cloest and he cannot wear shorts to work.
Meghan was really excited to hear about snow being seen so close to us. It has been six years since she saw real snow. The last winter we lived in Georgia, we expereinced a Georgia snow storm. I remember driving home from work that night. A trip that usually took 45 minutes took me 2 1/2 hours that night. Because of babysitting issues and Alan working in a store in Atlanta my parents had met me in LaGrange to keep Meghan. Of course the heat did not work in my car at the time so I had Meghan under a pile of blankets and one on my lap. Alan was coming home that night for his days off and it took him 7 hours to make the drive that usually took 2 hours. Then next day Meghan and Alan rode with me to work and built a snowman out beside the building. Somewhere we have picture of her and Alan with the snowman.
Once and a while seeing snow would be nice but I must say that there is something nice about wearing shorts in December. Of course this cold snap hits when I have dropped several clothing sizes and because I seem to be continuing to drop, I have not completely replaced my wardrobe to include many pairs of pants besides capris. Alan is thrilled with this cold snap since it allows him to wear his new coat that his company gave him.
The sad part of this cold snap is that Joy does not appear to be with us now. We looked this morning and saw pieces of here web but not Joy. We will look some more over the next few days in case she is in one of the trees trying to protet herself from the cold. We will miss checking on Joy but at least our front yard might belong to us again.

No comments: