Friday, February 22, 2008

Who Would Have Thunk

This Post was originally left on my AOL journal 11/24/07 but I am moving these older post her

Meghan takes three dance classes on Wednesday, which means we sit there for two hours. Time moves quickly during the first two classes. The moms are quiet, and no one is overly obnoxious. Then the "Hip Hop" moms arrive. These moms behave in a manner which makes you think they left high school yesterday. These women are loud and giggle about all kinds of things. One experince sitting there around these mom's has left Alan unwilling to sit on the inside. He now watches that class from the outside on the sidewalk. The other day I was at the class on my own, so I stayed inside when the "Hip Hop" mom's arrived. Because of their loudness, it is impossible to ignore them and not listen to them. As a result I came to the realization as they were talking, these women were not only not fresh out of high school but they were my age and older. Just another example that maturity is not a magic number!!

Of course, guess who's girls are the behavior problems in the dance class. Wow, no surprise, "Hip Hop" moms' daughters are the most unruly. They cause the class to have to sit when new things are being gone over because they run all over when instruction is being given.

No comments: